Vacancy | Head Groundsperson, Colliers Park, Wrexham
Job and Person Profile
Job title: Head Grounds Person
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time (37.5 hours basic)
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Location: Colliers Park, Wrexham
Responsible to: Facility Manager
Valid from: ASAP
BACKGROUND TO THE JOB
The FAW Trust is the body responsible for football development in Wales. Colliers Park is the National Development Centre for the north and opened in July 2019.
We are seeking to appoint a reliable and conscientious Head Grounds Person with proven experience in maintaining a similar sports facility to a high standard and in supervising staff and budget management.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Head Grounds Person will be responsible for all aspects of the outdoor facilities maintenance to help ensure the optimum performance, cleanliness, safety, and security of the grounds.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired standards.
· Able to effectively lead a team and work independently using own initiative.
· Ability to use Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
· Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Attention to detail.
· Reliable and self-motivated.
· Confidentiality is critical.
· Ability to work to high standards, flexible, with an ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE/QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
· A Minimum of GCSE Standard is required
· Experience of working in a similar role.
· Qualified with an NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent Qualification.
· Experience in working on professional sports pitches.
· PA1, 2A and 6 Spraying certificates are essential.
· Presentation of all pitches to the highest standard.
· Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting, watering, marking the pitch and
· Creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the
highest possible standard.
· Manage a team of staff and development through KPIs, reviews and ongoing training.
· Establishing and managing budgets for all aspects of work undertaken and ensuring
that those budgets are adhered to.
· Liaising with and maintaining relationships with suppliers to order products and
services where required.
· Ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
· Presenting and managing an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programme
ensuring the required work is carried out by suppliers.
· Liaising with coaching staff to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for training.
· Providing support and training to apprentices and under skilled staff.
· Be available for the required training sessions, based around training schedules.
· Record and present data collection, i.e., usage hours, moisture readings and clegg readings.
· Check facilities, plant buildings and equipment to ensure safe working practices and health and safety legislation compliance.
· Possess a thorough understanding of COSHH legislation relating to chemicals and dangerous substances.
· Conduct risk assessments, develop contingency plans and be able to respond to emergencies.
· Liaising with ground staff at our other facilities – Dragon Park and Hensol
· Any other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager.
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy an Enhanced DBS will be a requirement for this role.
Note: This job description covers the main duties of the post holder. From time to time, other duties may be required, commensurate with the grade of the post and the needs of the organisation.
Please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to Lucy ScottSend an email »
Sign up now
To get access to the latest FAW Trust news, courses and coaching.