FAW Trust Vacancy | Head Coach Wales Deaf Futsal
Job title | Head Coach Welsh Deaf Futsal Squad 2021
Full Time/Part Time | Part Time
Indicative Salary Range | Daily Rate - TBA
Location | Dragon Park Office - Newport
Responsible to | Head of Player Development
Valid from | TBA
BACKGROUND TO THE JOB
The FAW Trust and Welsh Deaf Football Association (WDFA) are looking to appoint a Head Coach for the Welsh Deaf Futsal Squad.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team leading on all aspects of selection, training camps and fixtures.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· To provide a quality football environment for players and staff in line with the FAW/Trust values of Family, Respect & Excellence.
· To lead the Deaf Futsal Squad up to and including the Deaf Futsal European Qualifiers held in Sweden in December 2021.
· Experience of coaching deaf football players.
· Experience of coaching within an Elite Futsal Environment.
· Clear understanding of fustal tactics, formation and strategy.
· Experience in preparing teams for competition.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
· Understanding of sign language desirable however not essential.
· Ability to be self-directed and work on own initiative.
· Appropriate IT competencies.
· Willing to work unsociable hours; evening & weekend work will be required.
· Enhanced CRB disclosure.
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE/QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
· UEFA ‘B’ Licence – Essential
· Futsal Qualification – Minimum Level 1 Essential/Higher Futsal
· UEFA ‘A’ Licence – Desirable
· Lead in all aspects of squad selection.
· Lead in all aspects of team preparation to include all training camps and fixtures.
· Ensure clear and timely communication with staff and administration as and when appropriate.
· Ensure a culture and environment in line with the FAW/Trust values of Family, Respect & Excellence.
Role Specific Requirements
· Travel will be required with this role on an National & International basis
· Ability and willingness to work unsociable hours – evening and weekend working will be required
· Must have reliable transportation
The closing date for applications is Wednesday June 30th 2021 – 5pm.
To apply for the position please submit a CV and covering letter to
Chloe O'ConnorSend an email »
Sign up now
To get access to the latest FAW Trust news, courses and coaching.