The Football Association of Wales has produced new Regulations for small-sided Football, following a comprehensive review of mini-football in Wales over the past two seasons.
Following an extensive consultation process, this review considered the contributions of key stakeholders including players, coaches, clubs, parents, leagues, officials and staff along with insights from other national associations, across the world.
As a result of the review’s findings, the FAW is implementing several changes, with the aim of improving the experience of football for children and young people throughout Wales.
Some key developments, which are further outlined in the regulations, include:
- Creating a positive match day culture, introducing practices to improve off the pitch behaviour of parents, guardians and coaches.
- Giving all squad players a minimum of 50% playing time when participating in matches.
- Ensuring all squad members benefit from the experience of playing in all positions, including goalkeeper for the under 8 to under 11 age groups.
- Encouraging clubs to field more than one team if practically possible, to provide adequate playing opportunities and to grow the game.
- Guidelines on playing duration that is appropriate to different age groups.CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FAW SMALL-SIDED FOOTBALL REGULATIONS IN FULL
Sign up now
To get access to the latest FAW Trust news, courses and coaching.