Vacancy: Compliance Co-Ordinator
Job title: Compliance Co-ordinator
Reports to: Safeguarding & Player Welfare Manager
Salary: Competitive- dependent on experience
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week. Monday – Friday*
Contractual Status: Permanent – subject to 6 months probationary period
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is seeking to appoint a Compliance Co-ordinator within the Compliance Department. The FAW is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all International squads.
The Compliance Department comprises of three teams – Safeguarding, Registrations and Discipline. It is a busy department working within strict deadlines governed by the requirements of domestic football and current legislation. The Department has a significant volume of work, and as a consequence, staff will regularly undertake tasks outside the remit of their designated team. This is essential to ensure the operation of the Department maintains the high standard expected of it. To achieve this, you must be a team player.
The successful candidate will be required to support the three teams of the Compliance Department through various administrative duties.
· Assist with, and process Disclosure & Barring Service Checks.
· Administer Safeguarding information on the COMET system.
· Operate online DBS applications.
· Provide administrative support to the FAW Safeguarding and Disciplinary Panels.
· Provide advice and support to stakeholders with regards to safeguarding, player registration and discipline matters.
· Provide support to the Player Registrations team and to assist with the processing of amateur player registrations and International Transfer Certificate requests.
· Provide support to the Disciplinary team with regards to disciplinary queries arising from the FAW COMET system.
· Significant data entry of confidential and sensitive information.
· Advise and assist key volunteers and staff with regards to the FAW COMET system.
· Other general administrative duties.
· To undertake any other duties as instructed by Head of Department.
Skills & Competencies
· Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
· Experience in administrative processing and procedure development.
· Experience of Microsoft applications, for example Word, Excel and Outlook are essential.
· Experience of data entry and databases.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be self-motivated.
· Demonstrate flexibility.
· Show willingness to learn.
· Demonstrate attention to detail.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· The ability to deal with difficult matters professionally and in confidence.
· The ability to work as part of a team but also without supervision.
· The ability to work outside of normal working hours.
· Knowledge and understanding of domestic football in Wales (advantageous).
· The ability to speak Welsh (advantageous).
· Knowledge of DBS processes & relevant legislation (advantageous)
· Knowledge of the Laws of the Game (advantageous)
The position is full time and based at the FAW Offices in Cardiff. The post holder will be required at times to perform their duties or additional work or attend training outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations, either domestically or internationally, at the discretion of the Head of Compliance.
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply, and appointments will be made on merit.
· Deadline for applications is Monday 16th March 2020.
· Applications received after this date will not be considered.
· Applicants must send their current curriculum vitae supported by an accompanying letter detailing:
➢ why the applicant believes s/he is a suitable candidate for the post;
➢ details of current salary. ·
All interviews will be held at the FAW Offices, Cardiff.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two professional / personal references, to the satisfaction of the FAW.
Applications should be sent to Sian Jones
Clearly marking the subject of the email: ‘Compliance Co-ordinator.’Send an email »
Sign up now
To get access to the latest FAW Trust news, courses and coaching.