Vacancy | Apprentice Groundsperson (Colliers Park, Wrexham)
- Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- Salary Range: Apprentice Hourly Rate
- Location: Colliers Park, Wrexham
- Responsible to: Grounds Maintenance Manager
- Valid from: ASAP
- Closing Date: Ongoing
Background to the job
The FAW Trust is the body responsible for football development in Wales.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Colliers Park Grounds Team as an apprentice, where you will learn all aspects of turf management at a national training facility.
Purpose of the job
This is a unique opportunity for an individual with a strong interest in sports turf and horticulture, wishing to start their career in a professional sporting environment, to be supported and mentored by the Grounds Maintenance Manager at Colliers Park.
- Honest and reliable; confidentiality is critical.
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, driven, and enthusiastic, with a proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership for tasks.
- Ability to work to high standards and manage priorities under pressure.
- Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of the wider FAW Trust team.
- Awareness of Health and Safety procedure and a willingness to undergo appropriate training where needed.
- The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the organisation’s values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality, and the Data Protection Act.
Professional competence / qualifications essential to the job
- A desire to work within a sports turf environment and a commitment to develop skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines set by college tutor and Grounds Maintenance Manager.
- Must enjoy working outdoors year-round.
- Commitment to learning and completing the qualification required for the apprenticeship.
- General football pitch maintenance including mowing of the pitches, line marking, repair and preparation of pitches and off field areas.
- To assist in the production and preparation of high-quality playing surfaces.
- To carry out hands on tasks such as strimming, hedge cutting, edging pathways.
- Liaise with Grounds Maintenance Manager, and others, to support planned facility use and ensure required standards are achieved.
- Maintain and operate pitch irrigation systems.
- Be fully knowledgeable of and adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all materials and equipment is correctly sorted, maintained, and serviced.
- Actively promote safe practices of self and others.
- Support the efficient use of resources.
- To work evenings and weekends where necessary.
- Any other duties as requested.
This job description covers the main duties of the post holder. From time to time, other duties may be required, commensurate with the grade of the post and the needs of the organisation. This role is subject to a six-month probation.
- Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post, accompanied with a current CV. Please also complete the equality & diversity monitoring form by clicking here.
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to provide two professional / personal references, to the satisfaction of the FAW.
Applications should be sent via email to Dylan Thompson
Clearly marking the subject of the email: Apprentice GroundspersonSend an email »
Sign up now
To get access to the latest FAW Trust news, courses and coaching.