Play More Football Programme What is Play More Football ‘Play More Football’ is designed to maximise the appeal of the sport to young people who don’t already play.WHAT IS THE PLAY MORE FOOTBALL PROGRAMME? HERE'S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
It is about young people leading the game of football and developing their own approaches, creating new playing opportunities, based not on the past but on what they see as a better future.
As a mentor for the Play More Football programme, you will play a key role in supporting the Directors of Football who will facilitate sessions in secondary schools and engage new people in football.
The mentor’s role is to:
• Support the Directors of Football in up to 20 schools to achieve their objectives through advice and guidance • Be the link between the FAW Trust, schools and agreed local football clubs
• Report and monitor on the programme and adapt as necessary
• Be a good listener
• Be approachable and easy to talk to so the Directors of Football feel able to come to you with any challenges they may be facing or support that is needed.
• Meet with Directors of Football face to face at least twice a term
• Meet with the PE Department/School Point of Contact once a term to review progress of the Play More Football Programme and report back to FAWT accordingly
• Train up new Directors of Football What are we looking for in a mentor?
• Ability to support and engage with young people in a positive way
• Good communication skills with both adults and other young people
• Organised, with good time management skills
• Able to inspire, empower and motivate young people
• Willing to take on a challenge and make the programme a success
• Be aged 18 or over
• Have a current DBS check (or complete one before the start of your contract) What’s in it for our mentors:
• Help develop the next generation of volunteers and professionals in Welsh Football
• Develop your leadership skills
• Liaise with the FAW Trust to support the development of youth football based on knowledge and experience gained as a mentor
• Gain skills which can be transferable to many different aspects of life and be attractive to potential employers
• Develop your communication and interpersonal skills such as coaching and mentoring, motivating others, adaptability
• Receive support and training on mentoring skills, safeguarding, leadership etc Training and support
• Mentoring training
• Support from a single point of contact within the FAW Trust
• Access to training courses including Director of Football Tutor Training Payment/Expenses
• £500 paid at start of contract
• £500 paid at end of contract (on completion of programme outcomes)
• Travel expenses (up to £150 per month)
• FAW Trust kit
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Deadline for applications: Friday 19th October, 2018
Interviews will be held at the end of October. Please advise if you are unavailable at this time.