The Wales U19 Learning Disability team hosted their annual home nations tournament in 2019 and finished a superb second.
This year, they're hoping to go one better but need your help to recruit more players.
The 2020 Home Nations Championship, will be held in Belfast in April and registrants must be available between April 14 and 17, as the final squad will travel to and stay together in Belfast.
Sunday 26th January 2020 at Dragon Park, Newport
Saturday 1st February 2020 at Colliers Park, Wrexham
Here's who we're looking for, if you or you know somebody who fits the bill, email us at [email protected]
- Players aged 15 and older, and under 19 years of age on 31st March 2018 (Born after 1st April 1999, Born on or before 1st April 2003).
- Have an identified learning disability / impairment before the age of 18 years
- Have limited ‘Adaptive Behaviour’. This means they might need help with everyday tasks, for example cooking or travelling by public transport.
- Play 11-a-side football with no adaptations.
- Players are highly skilled and generally play mainstream football.
Players must register in order to trial, to do this please express your interest by email to [email protected]
Representing Wales in the Home Nations Championship offers an amazing opportunity to players, and therefore if you know of anyone who may be right for the squad get in touch or pass on our details.