Performance Analysis Officer
The Welsh Football Trust is seeking an individual with the necessary experience, enthusiasm and commitment to make a positive addition to the analysis of football throughout Wales, with a requirement for some UK and international travel too.
This full time post will be based at the National Football Development Centre, Dragon Park, Newport.
The performance analysis department within the Welsh Football Trust (WFT) provides an analysis support service to the WFT Player Development and Coach Education programmes as well as analysis support to the Football Association of Wales (FAW) National Squads. The successful candidate will work across all programmes as directed by the Performance Analysis Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced officer to support the analysis programme for National Squads and Coach Education activities as well as support in the maintenance of equipment and database of video.
Key competencies required
• undergraduate degree in Sport & Exercise Science or related subject (Masters degree in Performance Analysis or related subject desirable)
• demonstrable experience in providing performance analysis support in football;
• previous experience of utilising Sportscode/ Gamebreaker analysis software;
• comprehensive understanding of video analysis technology and software applications;
• good understanding of contemporary coaching practice;
• accuracy and attention to detail;
• modern and innovative working practices;
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• ability to be self-directed and work on own initiative;
• appropriate IT competencies;
• good written and presentation skills;
• willingness and availability to work unsociable hours;
• full, clean driving licence and access to own vehicle with business use insurance.
An application form and a full Job and Person Profile can be downloaded from the careers section of the website. Further information regarding the post can be gained from James Turner [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 5pm Monday 30th March 2015
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 9th April 2015
Welsh Football Trust, Dragon Park, National Football Development Centre, NISV, Newport, NP19 4RA