Vacancy: Footy Families Facilitator / Coach
Job title: Footy Families* Facilitator / Coach (*Physical Literacy Programme)
Full Time/Part Time: Casual hours to deliver agreed programmes
Salary Range: Competitive hourly rate
Location: Various across Wales
Responsible to: Head of Football Development
Valid from: December 2018
BACKGROUND TO THE JOB
The FAW Trust have developed a new programme called Footy Families, one aspect of
this concept is a new programme for 2-5 year olds, all based around physical literacy to
help develop children’s fundamental movement skills, confidence and motivation to
encourage them and support into an active life.
A key facet of this new approach is working with parents to support their children within
the sessions and to encourage further activity when back in their home.
We are looking for high quality people with an interest and understanding of children’s
development and ideally with experience and knowledge of physical literacy to work with
us to deliver this programme initially in pilot areas and then to support a National roll out
after testing has been completed.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• As a facilitator coach you will be responsible for leading the Footy Families
sessions which will consist of structured 10-week programmes.
• You will deliver fun practical and engaging sessions and ensure full interaction of parents/guardians within the programme to support their child.
• You will work alongside another facilitator coach at each session.
• At the end of the programme you will be responsible to support signposting into
other activities and next steps for both the children to play football and support
parents who may be interested in furthering their experience into coaching and
• Knowledge, expertise and experience in physical literacy for children. (Essential)
• Understand the general developmental features of children within early years.
• Experience working with children in group settings. (Essential)
• Be highly organised and committed. (Essential)
• Be able to travel and be adaptable. (Essential)
• Be creative, imaginative and patient with children. (Essential)
• Previous experience of working with young children (Under 7’s). (Essential)
• Excellent communication skills (Essential)
• ICT skills (Essential)
• Ability to remain calm and unobtrusive (Essential)
• The ability to work outside of normal working hours (Essential)
• Ability to facilitate a learning group (Essential)
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and
influence adults (Essential)
• Highly motivated, resilient, dynamic and self-directed (Essential)
• Understanding of grassroots football (Desirable)
• Previous education or tutoring experience. (Desirable)
• Understanding of the sporting landscape within Wales (Desirable)
• Footy Families Training (Will be provided & mandatory to attend)
• Safeguarding in football standards (Training will be provided and mandatory to
• Spoken and written Welsh (Desirable but will be Essential in certain Geographic
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE/QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
• Teaching qualification (Desirable)
• Coaching experience and qualification (Does not have to be Football)
• Microsoft Office user (essential)
• Full clean driving license
• Enhanced DBS disclosure (mandatory)
Benefits of becoming a Footy Families Facilitator Coach
➢ Competitive rates of pay
➢ Incredibly rewarding and fun
➢ Kit, equipment & training provided with additional football CPD opportunities
➢ Opportunity for those wanting to develop a career in teaching/education/football
➢ Being part of an exciting sector leading pilot project
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including
appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will
be made on merit.
➢ Deadline for applications to support the initial pilot is Friday, January 11, 2019.
Interviews will be held mid-January.
➢ If successful on application stage you will be expected to attend mandatory training
that will be held on the weekend of 2/3rd February in Dragon Park, Newport.
Please save this date.
➢ If interested applicants should send a covering letter and a current curriculum vitae
detailing why they believe themselves to be a suitable candidate for the opportunity,
along with a reference who we can contact to evidence your experience. Please
can you state which areas of Wales you are happy to cover.
➢ The appointment of successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory
professional/character references, the completion of an Enhanced DBS check and
training as provided by the FAWT.
To apply, email a CV & cover letter detailing why you're a suitable candidate and a reference to evidence your experience.Send an email »
Sign up now
To get access to the latest FAW Trust news, courses and coaching.