The primary aim of this protocol is to support clubs affiliated to the FAW and/or an Area Association of the FAW to protect the health & safety of their players, coaches, all essential personnel and volunteers in a safer return to training and match-play, at the appropriate age groups.
• This protocol will be subject to the latest Public Health Wales and Welsh Government policy and guidelines related to COVID-19 –given the changing nature of the guidance, clubs should keep up to date with COVID-19 updates issued by Welsh Government which is available here
• This protocol will follow all Welsh Government updates on ‘Sport, recreation and leisure: guidance for a phased return’ and
‘Guidance for a Phased Return of Outdoor Organised Activity’
• This protocol will be utilised in line with all other FAW policy documents including Safeguarding
• The FAW, following WG guidance, identified the return to training date for all clubs to be from Monday 13th July 2020
• We are now in a position to provide you with information on football returning at phase 3 which will be a staged return under the current 30-person limit with progress through the different stages dependent on a number of internal and external factors
• Clubs will need to adhere to specific protocols and complete necessary documentation in order to continue to train and return to match-play under phase 3 revised protocols from the 21st September 2020