The PAWB fund has been created to support young people to access regular football opportunities.
This fund can be applied for, on behalf of any young player, to support and assist them with accessing football opportunities and/or equipment.
The application is open to 5 – 18 year-olds living in Wales and will be decided by a national panel that will use the application information to assess each case.
The following items are eligible for support through the fund:
- Grassroots club or FAW academy membership fees (playing kit included in these costs)
- Football boots / Shin pads / Goalkeeper gloves
- Sport hijabs
- Impairment specific equipment e.g. sports goggles
- Travel costs e.g. train, bus or taxi costs to training and match venues
The fund will support children and families in most need and will prioritise those who are
- Accessing Free School Meals
- Accessing or eligible for income support
- In foster care, Looked After Children, asylum seekers or refugees
The fund will support recipients on an annual basis to ensure they can access regular football opportunities.
Clubs, schools, social services and other community organisations can apply for the fund on behalf of recipients.