We’re rewarding the heroes of Welsh football
Is there an unsung hero at your club who deserves an award for the work they do?
Whether it’s a coach, a kitman or somebody who’s always there, come rain or shine, to help make the joy of grassroots football happen.
If you know who we're talking about, it’s time to nominate them for a McDonald’s Welsh Community Football award.
As we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Welsh Community Football Awards, presented by McDonald’s, we’re calling for more people than ever to tell us the names of people who most deserve recognition.
The awards are split into eight national categories, seven of which are judged at a regional level before a national shortlist is created.
Grassroots clubs, coaches and volunteers from any of the six regions as defined by the FAW Trust can be nominated.
Winners will then be chosen by a national judging panel and revealed ahead of a glitzy awards ceremony in September.
Once the regional winners of the Volunteer of the Year award are revealed, they will be put to a public vote to decide the ‘People’s Award’ and the winner will be announced at the ceremony.
• Grassroots Impact (Regional & National)
• Volunteer of the Year (The People’s Award) (Regional & National)
• Young Volunteer of the Year (Regional & National)
• Club of the Year (Regional & National)
• Community Coach of the Year (Regional & National)
• Performance Development Coach of the Year (Regional & National)
• Lifetime Achievement Award (Regional & National)
• Fun Football Provider of the Year (National)
Prizes for Regional Award Winners
• A money-can't-buy Certificate and an engraved Trophy
• Two tickets for Wales vs Austria on September 2
• Every regional ‘Volunteer of the Year’ award winner receives an invite to the national ceremony
• A framed Wales shirt
Nominations and Judging
Nominations will be made via an online form at www.welshfootballtrust.org.uk/awards2017 and winners will be judged by a panel after the closing date.
For more information on McDonald’s grassroots football programme, please visit http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/BetterPlay.