What a great time to work among the Welsh football family
An exciting opportunity has arisen to play a key role in capitalising on the current levels of excitement and passion surrounding Welsh football.
ROLE: Senior Partnership Manager
REPORTING TO: Head of Growth
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term - 9 months
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) Trust is the body responsible for football development in Wales.
Our purpose is to promote, develop and protect the game of football in Wales and our mission is to grow the game and raise the standards across all levels and all abilities.
Key pillars of our work include the growth of the grassroots game, player development, coach education and the development of Dragon Park, our National Football Development Centre in Newport.
As part of our overall strategy, we have ambitious targets for the growth of formal and informal participation in football throughout Wales; including 50% of young people playing football once a week and 20,000 registered female players by 2024.
The Senior Partnership Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong partnerships with stakeholders across Wales who are crucial to achieving our growth ambitions.
This includes leading the development, implementation and monitoring of regional football development plans, and taking an innovative approach to foster strong and productive relationships with and influence key target groups.
The Senior Partnership Manager will be analytical in their approach to identifying opportunities and monitoring performance of partnerships.
• Achieve participation growth targets
• Strategically lead the design, implementation and monitoring of regional football development plans
• Identify partners to deliver outcomes within the regional plan
• Responsible for managing a number of key partnerships
• Lead negotiation of service level agreements with partners to ensure delivery of outcomes
• Support development of delivery partners’ capability/capacity to deliver outcomes; in particular workforce development
• Monitor impact of delivery to maximise return on investment
• Identify and secure additional resources (financial and in-kind support) to supplement regional plan activities and outcomes
• Communicate and consult with key stakeholders to ensure growth in participation
• Strong leadership skills with experience of positively engaging and influencing external partners and stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
• Excellent understanding of the sports/football development process through related work experience
• Analytical approach to identifying gaps and opportunities
• Outstanding planning and organisation skills
• An innovative approach to developing new opportunities
• Budget management experience
• Experience of project management, performance management and monitoring
• Knowledge of football governance and structures in Wales
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be self-directed and work on own initiative
• Ideally educated to degree level with related work experience, including a good understanding of the sporting landscape and sports development process.
Role specific requirements
• Have a full and clean driving licence, and be prepared to travel extensively throughout Wales and outside of Wales from time to time
• Willing and able to work unsociable hours – evening and weekend working may be required to meet the demands of the business
• Spoken and written Welsh are desirable
This job description covers the main duties of the post holder. From time to time, other duties may be required, commensurate with the grade of the post and the needs of the organisation.
This role is supported by The Football Association of Wales and Sport Wales.
How to apply
If you meet all of the above requirements, then we would like to hear from you.
Please submit your CV, completed application form and statement of suitability to [email protected]
An application form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
5pm on Tuesday, 1 November 2016. No late applications will be processed.
What happens next?
Once you have applied for this role, we will acknowledge receipt and your application will be considered and benchmarked against all other applicants.
If you have not been shortlisted for interview, feedback will not be given.
Interviews will take place at the National Football Development Centre in Newport and successful applicants will be advised of the date in due course.
The FAW Trust promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone.