Here's a great opportunity to join the Welsh Football Family
Job Title: Age Group Girls Assistant Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Contractual Status: 12 months FTC – to cover Secondment - Starting ASAP
Salary: Competitive Salary
The FAW Trust is the body responsible for football development in Wales. Our purpose is to promote, develop and protect the game of football in Wales and our mission is to grow the game and raise the standards across all levels and all abilities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated individual who will hold a current UEFA B License and ideally be working toward the UEFA A License.
The successful candidate will assist the Age Group Manager in the delivery of the player development strategy via the Welsh Way principles of play
• Manage South Regional squads 2005/ 2006 Year of birth
• Support the National U15/16 Manager with Delivery of National camps
• Manage fixture programme for Regional Squads
• Support fixture programme Performance Centres
• Oversee and support North Wales weekly Regional squads
• Support individual development programme for regional squad players
• Oversee and support the development philosophy for players U15/U16 in conjunction with the Player Development Manager / National Women’s Manager
• Support the ‘Welsh Way’ principles of play technical delivery to Performance Centres
• Support Coach development recruitment for Performance Centres and Regional squads
• Deliver and support coach development programme for Performance Centre and Regional squads
• Support Talent ID/Monitoring processes for Performance Centres and Regional Squad Players
• Regularly attend games to watch Welsh players
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience of strategic planning and an ability to construct policy development
• Spoken and written Welsh (desirable)
• Experience of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Full knowledge of football structures in Wales
• Ability to be self-directed and work on own initiative
An application form can be downloaded below.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Completed applications should be emailed to Paul Tanner at [email protected] by 5pm on Friday, December 8.
Please note: Applicants who are successful after the initial sift process will be invited for interview and a mini-assessment centre whereby you will be expected to cover the following activities;
• Presentation – 10 minutes duration
• Interview – competency based of 30 minutes duration
• Coaching Session – a 30 minute session on the grass to a team of players
This Assessment Centre will take place on Wednesday 13th December 2017 – if you are successful to this stage you will need to be available between the hours of 14:00 - 20:00hrs. We are unable to amend these dates and times.
Football Association of Wales Trust, Dragon Park, Newport International Sports Village, Newport, NP19 4RA
T: 01633 282911
The FAW Trust is committed to protecting children and vulnerable adults and follows the recruitment guidelines of the FAW’s Welfare Policy.
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure before their appointment is confirmed.
This post is supported by:
The Football Association of Wales