This is a a great opportunity to make a difference
Role: Independent Equality Advisory Panel Member - Salary Voluntary Role (Expenses Paid)
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game.
The FAW is seeking to recruit independent members to sit on its’ Equality Advisory Panel. The Equality Advisory Panel is responsible for promoting equality and diversity within Welsh football.
Supporting the Boards and executive staff of the Football Association of Wales (FAW) and FAW Trust to think, make decisions, and take actions that encourage a culture of football for all.
The Equality Advisory Panel is responsible for:
- Overseeing, monitoring, and revising Welsh Football’s Equality Action Plan to ensure that the FAW
and the FAW Trust are compliant with legislation and promoting best practice in policies, decision
making and services provided;
- Making recommendations for equality policy changes or developments to the FAW and FAW Trust
- Contributing to the strategic direction for work, to increase participation in grassroots football by
making the sport accessible to all (to include playing, coaching, volunteering, and administration;)
- Monitoring and evaluating progress against the high-level targets for participation set out on the 2015 to 2020 strategy for Welsh football;
- Creating a network of equality champions working across Wales to share best practice, train and upskill people and promote a culture of inclusion in grassroots football;
- Encouraging greater diversity in the football workforce (professional and voluntary.)
Skills & Competencies
- The individual must be of high standing and probity and be independent of the FAW and FAW Trust.
- The individual should possess a sound knowledge of equality and diversity legislation.
- Experience of advising on equality and diversity policy development.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically; possessing the skills to challenge current thinking at Board level.
- The ability to aid build relationships across the organisations to drive change and commitment to equality & diversity issues.
- Previous experience in a relevant role related to equality and diversity.
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work outside of normal working hours if required.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Knowledge of domestic football in Wales as well as Association Football in general (advantageous).
- The ability to speak Welsh (advantageous).
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
- Deadline for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 7th February 2017.
- Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Applications must comprise of a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post and be accompanied with an up to date curriculum vitae, which should include any current or past involvement in football in Wales. In addition, if applicants could please complete the FAW Equality & Diversity monitoring form, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Applications should be sent to [email protected] clearly marking the subject of your email: ‘Independent Equality Advisory Panel Member.’
- Interview date: Wednesday 15th February 2017.
The appointment of the successful will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two professional/personal references to the satisfaction of the FAW.