A great opportunity to join the Welsh Football Family
Job title: Safeguarding Co-ordinator
Reports to: Safeguarding & Player Welfare Manager
Salary Competitive (dependent on experience)
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week. Monday – Friday*
Contractual Status: Permanent – subject to 6 months probationary period
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is seeking to appoint a Safeguarding Co-ordinator within the Compliance Department.
The FAW is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all International squads.
The Compliance Department comprises of three teams – Safeguarding, Registrations and Discipline. It is a busy department working within strict deadlines governed by the requirements of domestic football and current legislation. The Department has a significant volume of work, and as a consequence, staff will regularly undertake tasks outside the remit of their designated team. This is essential to ensure the operation of the Department maintains the high standard expected of it. To achieve this you must be a team player.
The successful candidate will be required to support the Safeguarding team of the Compliance Department through various administrative duties.
• Assist with, and process Disclosure & Barring Service Checks
• Process safeguarding card applications; arrange collection and distribution
• Operate online DBS applications
• Provide administrative support to the independent FAW Safeguarding Panel
• Provide administrative support to the Equality Advisory Panel
• Assist with promotion of Safeguarding policies, practices and procedures
• Provide advice and support to stakeholders with regards to safeguarding matters
• Data entry of confidential information for DBS tracking and monitoring purposes
• Advise and assist key volunteers and staff with regards to the Club Accreditation Programme
• Assist with safeguarding auditing procedures
• Other General Administrative Duties
• To undertake any other duties as instructed by Head of Department and Line Manager
Skills & Competencies
• Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in administrative processing and procedure development.
• Experience of Microsoft applications, for example Word, Excel and Outlook are essential.
• Experience of data entry and databases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be self-motivated.
• Demonstrate flexibility.
• Show willingness to learn.
• Demonstrate attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• The ability to deal with difficult matters professionally and in confidence.
• The ability to work as part of a team but also without supervision.
• The ability to work outside of normal working hours.
• Knowledge and understanding of domestic football in Wales (advantageous).
• The ability to speak Welsh (advantageous).
• Knowledge of DBS processes & relevant legislation (advantageous)
The position is full time and based at the FAW Offices in Cardiff. The post holder will be required at times to perform their duties or additional work or attend training outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations, either domestically or internationally, at the discretion of the Head of Compliance.
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
• Deadline for applications is Monday 5th June 2017.
• Applications received after this date will not be considered.
• Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post and be accompanied with a current Curriculum Vitae.
• Applications should be sent to sia[email protected] clearly marking the subject of the email: ‘Safeguarding Co-ordinator.’
• All interviews will be held at the FAW Offices, Cardiff.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two professional / personal references, to the satisfaction of the FAW.