Job Vacancy - TNS Football Club
Job Vacancy - TNS Football Club
The New Saints Football Club is looking to appoint a Community Foundation Officer as part of the newly created Charitable Foundation, the organisation responsible for the clubs community development strategy.
The Community Foundation aims to provide positive, sustainable football, sports and educational activities for young people using The New Saints Football Club brand as a tool to engage with the local community.
Job Title: Community Foundation Officer
Hours of Work: Part time (with a view to full time hours dependent upon the extent of the activity programme)
Location: The New Saints Football Club
Responsible to: Board of Trustees – The New Saints FC Foundation
As the club's Community Foundation Officer, your role will be to actively raise the profile and awareness of The New Saints Football Club’s work in the local community encouraging the participation of players and coaches within the club to support a number of community and charitable activities.
The Foundation’s involvement extends across many areas such as Education, Health, Social Inclusion, and Equalities, underlining the clubs commitment to making a positive difference in Oswestry and the local area.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
· Creating an activity programme that meets the strategic principles of The New Saints Football Club and supports local and national Government policy.
· Increasing opportunities for young people to participate in football, sport and educational projects through effective partnership working with the public, private and voluntary sector to ensure The New Saints FC is integral to its local community.
· Creating lifelong association with The New Saints Football Club and hopefully increase the next generation of fans and encouraging all sections of the community to boost its fan base by encouraging wider participation from all sectors of the community in match day activities
· Delivering a programme of football and sports participation, as well as education, health, social inclusion and equality projects
· Providing diversionary activities, ensuring that all the community has the opportunity to participate adding enrichment to their lives regardless of gender, disability, age or socio-economic factors.
· Providing a comprehensive disability project that increases the self-esteem, health, personal and social skills of all participants.
· Providing an effective volunteer, training and development programme to increase the quality and quantity of coaches and volunteers.
· Increasing access opportunities to quality facilities available at the club through the Community Club Partnership Programme and the Education Partnership Scheme
· Generating positive publicity for The New Saints Football Club and its associated partners.
· Supporting The New Saints Football Club’s Corporate Social Responsibility agenda.
· Securing the necessary funding, delivery contracts and sponsorship to deliver effective and meaningful programmes.
· Maintaining high levels of management and administration of the charity through effective planning, communication, customer care and promotion of opportunities
The New Saints Football Club is a Best Practice Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.
Staff should understand the club’s safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an environment that is free of bullying and harassment.
Employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure and two written references.
The New Saints Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer.
To apply for the post, please send your CV with a covering letter to: Scott Ruscoe, Head of Youth, The New Saints FC, The Venue at Park Hall, Burma Road, Oswestry SY11 4AS or e mail [email protected]
Friday the 17th of January 2014.